Terms and Conditions
'Killzone® 3 Event' Competition - Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of the conditions of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. Entry is open to Australian residents over 18 years of age ("Eligible Entrants"). The competition is not open to employees of Sony Computer Entertainment companies, their agents, contractors, consultants, their families (including de facto spouses) or to other persons assisting with the competition.
3. The Promoter is Sony Computer Entertainment Australia Pty Limited (ABN 80 077 583 183) of 63-73 Ann Street, Surry Hills, NSW 2010 ("Promoter").
4. The Promotion starts at 9:00am AEST on 04 February 2011 and continues until 11:55pm AEST on 15 February 2011 ("Promotion Period").
5. To enter to be eligible to win, Eligible Entrants must send an email to email@example.com during the Promotion Period and tell us in 25 words or less why they are the ultimate Killzone 3 fan. Eligible entrants may also include a video or photo.
6. Only one entry per person will be accepted.
7. 54 Winner(s) will be chosen on 17 February 2011 ("Competition Date"). 50 Winners will be chosen from NSW and 4 interstate Winners will be chosen from outside NSW but within Australia. The prize(s) on offer is described below ("Prize(s)"). The Winner(s) will be judged on creativity of response.
8. Chance plays no part in determining the Winner(s) of this Promotion.
9. The Winner(s) will be notified by email (or phone call) within 7 days of the closing date. The Winner's name and town/suburb of residence will be posted on the PlayStation.com.au website. The Winner(s) must reply to the email (or phone call) within 3 days confirming their eligibility and indicating whether they wish to attend the Killzone 3 Event with another adult. If the Winner(s) does not reply to the email (or phone call) within 3 days, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the Prize(s) to the next entrant who meets the judging criteria or to reoffer the Prize(s) in any future promotion.
10. Incomplete and incomprehensible entries and entries with defamatory or offensive content or incorrect contact details are not eligible to win. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for misdirected, lost or delayed entries and entries not received for any reason during the Promotion Period, or for any technical difficulties with entry.
11. Any entrant who, in the opinion of the Promoter, tampers or interferes with the entry process in any way, or who does not properly comply with the entry process, will be ineligible to win.
12. All Prize(s) must be taken as stated. The Prize(s) are not transferable, divisible or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. The Promoter reserves the right to supply an alternative prize of similar monetary value. The judge's decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
13. The Promoter will not be held liable for any loss, damage or injury which results directly or indirectly from the competition, except that which cannot be excluded by law.
14. All entries and all materials created, developed or produced by you in connection with your entry shall become the property
of the Promoter. You hereby assign to the Promoter all intellectual property rights (including future rights) in your entry and otherwise arising in connection with your entry. You also waive all moral rights in relation to your entry to which you may now or at any future time be entitled to. By entering the competition entrants understand and agree that the Promoter (and it's affiliates and companies that work for the Promoter) may (i) upon submission use the materials created, developed or produced by you in connection with your entry for future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes; and/or (ii) disclose the information provided by them by entering the information into a database for future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, subject to any applicable privacy laws.
15. The Prize(s) includes:
For the NSW Winner(s)
Invitation for 2 adults to attend the Killzone 3 Event.
For the 4 interstate Winner(s);
1) Invitation for 2 adults to attend the Killzone 3 Event.
2) Return Economy Class air fare for 2 adults from nearest Australian Capital City to Sydney (on the 22 February and return on the 23 February);
3) One night accommodation for 2 adults at a 3/4 star hotel in Sydney;
4) Return transfer from hotel to the Killzone 3 Event;
5) Airport transfers excluded.
Total Cost: $5000 (approximate value)
16. Any other costs or personal expenses associated with the Prize(s) described aboveshall be borne by the Winner(s).
17. All values quoted are approximate and current as at 4 February 2011. Values are estimated based on low season travel and are subject to change.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to modify these rules, suspend or discontinue this Promotion at any time.
19. These rules are governed by the laws of the State of New South Wales.