1. The Promoter is Sony Computer Entertainment Australia Pty Limited (ABN 80 077 583 183) of 63-73 Ann Street, Surry Hills, NSW 2010 ("Promoter").
2. All references to times and dates are to times and dates in Sydney, which may be Australian Eastern Standard Time ("AEST") or Australian Eastern Daylight Time ("AEDT") depending on the date.
3. All references to dollars or "$" are referenced to Australian dollars.
4. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of the conditions of entry. Entry into the Competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
5. Entry is open to Australian residents aged 13 years or older only ("Eligible Entrants"). If you are under 18, you must obtain written parental or guardian consent to enter the Competition and claim your prize. You may be required to provide documentary proof of your eligibility to enter the Competition. If you are unable to provide this proof when requested, the Promoter may disqualify you from the Competition and/or withhold your prize. The Competition is not open to employees of Sony Computer Entertainment companies, their agents, contractors, consultants, their families (including de facto spouses) or to other persons assisting with the Competition. Entrants are required to have valid Facebook account with a correct and operational associated email address.
6. The Competition starts at 15:00 AEDT on Friday 5th December 2014 and continues until 17:30 AEDT on Monday 15th December 2014 ("Competition Period").
7. To enter to be eligible to win, Eligible Entrants must go to PlayStation Australia Facebook and answer the following question in the comments section on any of the posts relating to the Competition: 'Tell us in 50 words or less us your 'kicked off the couch story' for your chance to win a PS TV.
8. No responsibility is accepted for any entries that are incomplete, unreadable, ineligible, corrupted, misdirected, lost or delayed or are unable to be sent due to technical or transmissions failures of any kind or any other reason.
9. Three (3) winners will be chosen on Tuesday 16th of December before 17.30 AEDT. The prize on offer is described below.
10. Entries will be judged by the Promoter on creativity of response. Chance plays no part in determining the winners in this Competition.
11. Your entry must not contain any (i) abusive, offensive or hateful imagery or language, (ii) harassing or defamatory content, (iii) content that compromises the privacy or safety of yourself or others (iv) content that demeans a particular gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion, ethnicity or nationality, (v) violent or dangerous behaviour or specify any proposed activities of violent or dangerous behaviour, and/or (vi) spam, (vii) advertising or other commercial activities, (viii) any competitor products or promotions, or any other type of content that is indecent, immoral, discriminatory, offensive, or portrays or encourages illegal activities. Any entry that contains such material will be disqualified.
12. Any entrant who, in the opinion of the Promoter, tampers or interferes with the entry process in any way, or who does not properly comply with the entry process, will be ineligible to win.
13. The prize on offer for each winning entry is 1 x PlayStation TV device.
The minimum value of the grand prize is AUD$449.85 (including GST).
14. The prize must be taken as stated. The prize is not transferable, divisible or exchangeable and no cash alternatives will be offered. The prize may not be re-sold and is subject to availability. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute any prize with a prize of equal or greater value.
15. Winners of the competition will be announced by the Promoter in the comments section of the Competition post, asking the winner to message the PlayStation Australia Facebook page. If you do not message the Promoter within 48 hours, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next entrant whose entry meets the judging criteria or to reoffer the prize in any future promotion.
16. The Promoter's decision is final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
17. Facebook is not a sponsor of the Competition. The Competition is in no way endorsed or administered by or associated with Facebook. Entrants understand they are providing information to the Promoter and not to Facebook.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to suspend and disqualify any user(s) who they suspect of breaking these terms and conditions.
Ownership and use of entries
19. On submission, your entry and all materials created, developed or produced by you in connection with your entry remains your property. The Promoter reserves the right to seek permission to use such content provided with these entries, for public relations and/or marketing purposes, during or post the Competition Period. The Promoter agrees that these images will not be used for advertisements produced by or for the Promoter and its subsidiaries, agents and representatives.
Data Protection and Publicity
20. By entering the Competition entrants understand and agree that the Promoter (and its affiliates and companies that work for the Promoter) may use and disclose the information provided by them by entering the information into a database for future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, subject to any applicable privacy laws.
22. Nothing in these terms and conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Act, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of Australia, where it is illegal to do so ("Non-Excludable Guarantees"). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Competition.
23. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any application or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions.
24. The Promoter reserves the right to modify these rules, suspend or discontinue the Competition at any time.
25. These rules are governed by the laws of New South Wales. In case of disputes, entrants consent to the jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales.