Take a trip down memory lane as PlayStation.com relives the highlights of 2011 on PlayStation.
- PSP owners weren't left out either, with Buzz!: The Ultimate Music Quiz releasing on PlayStation Network, offering some quizzical entertainment for all.
- The next generation in portable entertainment was on everyone's lips as PlayStation Vita (then only known as Next Generation Portable) was revealed at PlayStation Meeting 2011 in Tokyo, Japan. Promising to change the face of portable entertainment, the big unveiling was just a taste of the excitement to come...
- The brutal battle between the Helghast and the ISA was taken to a new dimension in Killzone 3, as the PlayStation 3 sci-fi epic launched with brilliant stereoscopic 3D compatibility and support for PlayStation Move.
- Were you part of the gaming revolution? Gamocracy gave power to the players as Swedish developer The Bearded Ladies Consulting launched an eight-week project to create an original video game with the help of the PlayStation Community.
- The merry month of March saw six charismatic characters join forces for the first time in PlayStation Move Heroes, on PS3.
- PixelJunk Shooter 2 blasted its way into the hearts of PS3 shoot 'em up fans everywhere with its retro feel and innovative gameplay.
- PS3 racer MotorStorm Apocalypse drove speedsters through the crumbling landscape of a city-wide earthquake for an original racing game experience.
- Portal 2 claimed a few April fools on PS3 with its mind-bending puzzles that challenged you to a battle of wits against super intelligent computer system, GLaDOS.
- PSP owners gathered their loyal Patapon troops and drummed to the beat in the addictive rhythm-based adventure, Patapon 3.
- The adventure genre took a fresh new angle on PS3 in the incredible L.A. Noire, which saw budding detectives exploring the seedy underbelly of 1940s Los Angeles.
- That wasn't the only treat in store for PS3 owners, as the futuristic gun-slinging Starhawk was announced.
- E3 2011 was the big talking point as a stunning selection of PS3 games were shown off to an impressed audience, while PlayStation Vita stole the headlines with a triumphant unveiling of the system, games and services.
- Following the PlayStation Network service outage, Sony Computer Entertainment Europe launched the Welcome Back programme on PlayStation 3 and PSP.
- Happy birthday PlayStation Plus! The popular PlayStation Network service celebrated its first anniversary with lots of special offers.
- The fruits of the Gamocracy project ripened and Gamocracy One: Legend of Robot was released on PlayStation Store, offering tasty retro platform action as reward for the unique project.
- PlayStation took the plaudits once more at gamescom 2011, giving the public the first chance to play on PS Vita - leaving many breathless for more.
- While gamescom 2011 gave a glimpse of the future, Deus Ex: Human Revolution on PS3 took us there - the stylish stealth shooter was one of the big hits of the year.
- Football supporters could stop holding their breath as the new season of EA SPORTS FIFA 12 kicked off on PS3 and PSP.
- Grand Theft Auto V was revealed by Rockstar Games with a stunning trailer which left fans gasping for its future launch on PS3.
- VidZone relaunched bigger than ever before, with new features and functions to make your music video experience even better.
- PlayStation Home also gained an amazing makeover, with four districts available to hang out in with your PlayStation Network friends.
- Sony Computer Entertainment Australia bolstered its on-demand services in Australia with the arrival of the Quickflix subscription movie streaming service for PlayStation 3.
- With a final flicker of 2011, The Mystery Team gave budding sleuths everywhere a chance to shine on PSP.
- Naughty Dog stunned the video games world with the unveiling of a terrifying new survival horror title on PS3, The Last of Us.
That's it for 2011 - and if you think it was exciting, just wait until you see what's in store for 2012. See you there!
PlayStation Australia has arrived on Facebook. Post comments and share all the latest PlayStation happenings along with the rest of the PlayStation community at the Official Australian Facebook Fan Page.