Watch, pause and record digital HD television on your PlayStation 3, or grab your PSP and enjoy it on the move.
- PlayTV is the little black box that plugs into your PS3 and lets you start watching, pausing and recording free-to-air digital television.
- Pause, rewind and record Live TV, watch one channel while you record another and even record programmes while playing games.
- PlayTV features an easy to use programme guide to help you easily plan your viewing.
- If you have a PSP, VAIO laptop or Sony Ericsson AINO phone, you can take all these great features with you, wherever you go. Remote Play enables you to watch live television in superb quality, access previously recorded programmes and organise your media library anywhere in the world. All you need is a Wireless Internet connection.
- PlayTV also lets you upscale your Standard Definition TV programmes.
Get your hands on the PlayTV Live Chat Upgrade available to buy on PlayStation Store now.
- Experience Live Chat with friends while watching TV. Set up your own chat room or join an existing one and text chat with your friends or up to 64 people on PlayStation Network without interrupting your TV viewing.
- Recommend programmes to Facebook and PSN Friends. Share your favourite shows and films with your friends. Your PSN recommendations appear as a message to your selected friends with your own message and a link for them to record or watch the show automatically.
To use these new features you will have to first download the latest software update from the PlayTV menu. Once installed, simply purchase the upgrade from PlayStation Store and start using the new features.