One of the most original games you're ever going to see is on its way. Take a first look at the intriguing and addictive world of echochrome™.
Can you hear it? The solemn footsteps of a lone figure through a place of stark black and white? It's not as daunting as you may think. In fact, the beauty of this curious wandering mannequin's pursuit lies within the fact that soon after joining the Walker as it travels through the wonderfully unique landscape that is echochrome, there's likely to be dozens of others wanting to jump in too...
Walking the walk(er)
That's the early impression echochrome gives and this memorable title is likely to stick with you long after the echoing steps of the Walker have faded away.
The concept of the game is easy to pick up once you get your hands on it. You oversee the Walker along a series of 3D mazes which have a number of dangers that can only be dealt with by changing the screen's viewpoint and perspective. For example, spinning around the maze and hiding a hole makes it cease to exist until you're ready to reveal it again. So while the hole is missing, the Walker can pass safely over it.
There are five laws of visual perspective to follow in echochrome in order to succeed:
1. The Law of Perspective Travelling - when two separate pathways appear to be touching, they are.
2. The Law of Perspective Landing - if one pathway appears to be above another, it is.
3. The Law of Perspective Existence - when the gap between two pathways is blocked from view and the pathways appear to be connected, they are.
4. The Law of Perspective Absence - when a hole is blocked from view, it does not exist.
5. The Law of Perspective Jumping - when the Walker jumps, it will land on whatever appears to be beneath it.
Mastering these laws is the heart of echochrome's challenge, and even during a brief play the mind bending dynamics are fun to wrap your head around. The subtle gameplay is intuitive and refreshing, something that will likely gather a crowd - as this first look often did - of intrigued onlookers wanting to help push you past a particularly tricky puzzle.
There's a lot more to echochrome than meets the eye, so expect more information soon. In the meantime, check out the official site at http://www.echochromegame.com/ and see what it's like to truly take your sense of perspective for a spin.
Light up the skies of Seattle with Fetch - be first in line for your new powers.
Buy just once for PS4, PS3 and PS Vita Cross-Buy value.